Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Peace and Quiet ?

Hi to all,

My unusual title today comes from the experience I am currently having here in Tripoli, our guesthouse is under construction ! The Libyan company that provides the accommodations is currently moving the dining room and kitchen from the roof of our building to the basement, and adding two suites to the roof. All of this has made for some noisy days for me, as I wait to hear about my job. Jack hammering, demolition, and lots of banging have been my norm for the past two weeks.

I have applied to work for Rick's company in the Communications Department, as a writer. I will help with company newsletters, and anything in print that goes to the public and to the corporate office. My many years of teaching English has prepared me for this new job, and I look forward to being busier here. However, I am nervous about entering the corporate world, and feel somewhat inadequate. But, our God is full of surprises, and we just never know where He will lead, or what He will ask us to do. So even in the midst of the noise, I hear His voice whispering to me, "Be still and know that I am God." He is our peace that passes understanding.

My love to each of you, I miss you,
Lynn

3 comments:

Judi said...

You know it will happen when you least expect it, so get ready! Ha, like you're not.

Anonymous said...

Sorry it's so loud around there. Dad told me that you've been using the noise canceling headphones. I'm really glad you bought those!

Unknown said...

Lynn,

I have just come upon your blog while looking for some info. on regatta. My name is Megan Owen, I just moved to Tripoli with my husband and 3 children from Houston! We have only been here 3 weeks so as you can imagine I'm still adjusting:) Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I am enjoying reading the many positive experiences you have had here. Thanks for sharing.