Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hey Everybody, we made it to Tripoli

It's late here in Tripoli, 11:00, and Rick has to work tomorrow, but I just had to keep my promise to so many family and friends and write my Day 1 blog post. We made it safe and sound, well, maybe not completely sound emotionally. The business class of British Air is AWESOME, Rick and I were greeted with a glass of champagne, by our steward. We each had a private TV, and our seat could lie completely flat for sleeping, so nice. Anyway, the flight was enjoyable and uneventful, until we arrived in Tripoli, and discovered that our bags, all 6 of them, and the computer, had not been transferred at Heathrow. Anyway, we didn't get them today either so everyone join us in praying for SOON.

I did cry yesterday, so overwhelmed with this whole thing, but I am better today. Rick got his company computer so we could SKYPE our kids and my mom, and Rick's brother Randy. We don't have a camera on this computer but we were so thankful to hear their voices. Be patient with us, more calls are on the way.

I began my journal, or future book, today and decided to write the things I find to thank God for everyday, and also an "oddities" section for some laughs. Believe me, I need to laugh right now, so I will be sharing some of these endearing stories straight from Tripoli. Today, I thanked God for so many similarities in His people all over the world. It was fun to see a group of children from "Victory Summer School" at a museum, cutting up and acting so wild, completely disinterested in the museum, just like my students at Buckalew that I miss so much.

Two ladies whose husbands work for AECOM invited me to go to the museum, lunch and shopping today. It was fun to be with them. I was thankful that God provided that for me, even within 24 hours of my arrival. He is good, and He does care about all of us.

I love you all so very much, and thank you for the lovely sendoff. Rick and I felt very loved, we are blessed by each of you.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hello dear friend!! I received your postcard today, thank you!! I am thankful you arrived safely and will pray for the safe arrival of your belongings too. How wonderful for a group of ladies to spend time with right from the start. I will pray for rich friends, not rich in earthly possessions, but rich in the Lord and of His kindness. Can't wait to see and hear how the next new adventure with the Lord will continue to unfold!! Love you, miss you & am thankful for your faithfulness of heart!!

Judi said...

Hey Lynn,

Your first day in Tripoli...lunch and shopping. I am not surprised! So what did you have to eat and did you buy anything?

You'll have to tell us about the museum another time.

Praying that your luggage shows up soon, and that every day is better and better for you. We miss you!

anne booth said...

So glad you are blogging already! I can't wait to hear more of your stories, I love you so very much!