Sunday, June 28, 2009

Workout Views and the Arkno

Hi everyone,
Wanted to share pictures of our Libyan "home" for now, the Arkno. I was spelling it with an "he" at the end because that is what showed up on our internet name, but on the gate t
onight I saw this new spelling, and so it will be from now until we leave. OK, new routine for Lynn. I was sad at the thought that my buddy Rick was going off to work this morning, and I was facing an unknown sort of day, so I decided to fight the sadness back and get up with him, have breakfast, and go to the 5th floor roof, fast becoming one of my favorite spots, and actually "work out" on the stationary bike, then got on the treadmill, read out in the sun for a while and wrote in my journal. What a beautiful view of the Med from the window right in front of the bike, breathtaking !! So, my sadness and homesickness faded and I thanked God for His blessings in my life, especially for all of you and the prayers that have been said, and are being said, for Rick and
me. I can feel them !! God blessed me with two new friends, Ellen and Eleanor, both Texans, one from Houston, the other from Ft. Worth. They invited me to Guesthouse 2 where they live to sit by the pool and talk. It was awesome to be with other nonworking ladies. Ellen has been in
Tripoli for a year, Eleanor for only two month. I enjoyed it so much, particularly since it was so unexpected. I will go shopping with them on Wednesday. So for today, I feel very thankful. Enjoy the pictures and keep those emails and Skype calls coming. My love to each of you, our sweet, precious friends and family, Lynn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you already have friends. God is good.

Kay