Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thursday in Tripoli







Hi to Everyone,
Second full day here in Tripoli, great day for Rick reviewing contracts and getting to know his coworkers, quiet day for me, spent most of the day on my balcony retreat reading and resting. I think the balcony was God's great gift to me, knowing how very much I love being out of doors. Balcony decorating begins soon, flowers and bird feeders, plus a little table to match our plastic chairs. I have to have a place for my cup.
These pictures are some of the few that I have taken so far. My outing yesterday was a surprise so I didn't have my camera. All have been taken from my balcony, and yes, one was taken tonight after it got dark, so pretty. I love the weather, dry, and breezy most of the time. I would keep the windows open at night, but there is a lot of street noise, a howling dog(I'm determined to buy some doggy treats and make friends with him!) and young boys playing soccer. Anyway, we found out today that about 20 more AECOM employees are moving into our guesthouse, ARKNOHE, this weekend. I'm excited that there may be another woman who does not have a full time job with the company. Today, I actually called on a job for a nursery school teacher, fluent in English, and the woman asked me to send my CV. I said I would but had no idea what that was!! Anyway, it's like a resume. I hope to be a part time worker or sub to stay busy, especially while we are here at the ARKNOHE. We are on the list for an apt. Who knows when we might move, everything here takes a lot more time that you'd think. Today, my oddities are, I caught a bird in our lobby, and it took 4 men almost all day to repair two drains in our room. Very interesting systems here. All of the Libyan people have been very friendly and sweet exactly as our friends the Shanks described them. I may become the English Teacher here because everyone of the young people I have met wants to learn English. More tomorrow. I am thankful that our luggage will be delivered tomorrow it seems.
Love to all, we think of all of you every day. Lynn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved hearing about your arrival and the fun things that God has already been showing you. I know it is a weird thing to be that far away from all those you hold so dear, but time goes so fast and I am so happy for you and Rick to have such amazing adventures.

Kay

Anonymous said...

Loved hearing about your arrival and the fun things that God has already been showing you. I know it is a weird thing to be that far away from all those you hold so dear, but time goes so fast and I am so happy for you and Rick to have such amazing adventures.

Kay

Judi said...

Kay is right on..this is an amazing adventure. Thank you for sharing it with us. Can't wait to hear what tomorrow will bring for you two. God is so good!

Judi

Randy and Diana said...

Rick and Lynn:

We are excited to hear that you arrived safely and know that the bags will arrive soon. They must have taken the scenic route.

We are praying that you get settle in quickly and that God blesses all that you do.

anne booth said...

the camera was the best idea ever! so happy to see pictures of where you are... wish I could sit on your balcony with you for a few minutes... love you!