Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesday News

Hello, it's Tuesday night at 9:50 and I'm just now sending my blog. Rick and I actually filmed a short video of our new "home", the Arkno, so all of you could see our room and balcony living room, plus the downstairs dining room and living area. It will take awhile to download so we'll have to wait for the Internet traffic to die down before we can share it, but soon, I promise. Good news today, they are installing a brand new dish for the Internet which will give us much faster, better service, and we get a much larger refrigerator and a microwave, a very big deal when you have no kitchen. Rick's new company, AECOM, is really trying to keep their employees happy, and improvements are made all of the time. One day we'll get a call saying our apt. is available, and we will move. But for now, we're fine at the Arkno, and excited that another married couple will be moving in soon. And, she is not going to be working !! Maybe, I'll have a buddy to go shopping with.

Today, I experienced the Gorgi Market, very local shopping area filled with moms and kids. All sorts of things for sale, clothes, purses, scarves, linens, etc. Everything is so reasonably priced, the ladies I was with both bought a set of sheets, queen sized, for 27 dinar. I love going to the grocery store, which amazes me because I don't love it at home! It's such a challenge to figure out what is in the packages. Some are obvious, a lot aren't. Rick already has a favorite cookie, Croustina, "crispy wafers filled with milk cream", funny description. Today at the local market, Al Aruba, I saw a gummy Bart Simpson head on a stick, kids love him here too. Also, Spider Man, and Hello Kitty candy. Kids are kids on whatever continent, some wave at me, some stare, but all are cute. The very old men in their long robes, some with scarves on their heads and missing teeth are cute too. Well, more later, JD, our junkyard dog is quiet tonight. God is good !! Love to all and we miss you, Lynn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom,

I love your writing and wish I had a gift for it the way that you do. I can't wait to hear about some of the new friends you are meeting - I know that they will love you and dad just like everyone else that comes into your lives. I miss you and love you very much.

John