Wednesday, July 1, 2009

VISIT TO THE ARKNO

Welcome to our home, the Arkno. We hope to get an apartment in the future but for now we want to share our accomodations with you. Sorry, this is so corny, but I was under some "pressure" from the film director ! Please don't judge too harshly, it was very impromptu, and unprofessional.

To all of my fellow bird lovers, every evening at around sunset, flocks of birds swoop all over around our balcony living room, I assume they are relatives of the purple martins we have in Texas, who are definitely our friends because they eat so many mosquitoes. It is wonderful to watch them, especially with the sunset behind over the Med. I almost bought a bird at the market the other day to keep me company during the day. The one I like is bright green with orange and yellow on it, like a miniature parrot. With my luck, I'd bring it back and it would be one of those birds who don't like people, kind of like our neighbor, JD.

Another local market today, more like an indoor mall, nice and air conditioned. I went with a new friend, Shirley, to buy a coffee she likes, and a Cinnabon. Yes, just like the yummy ones at the mall, that have a million calories. Everyone loves sweets. I must say the Libyan candy is delicious, today I found these white, divinity looking rectangles with pistachios in them, yum!! And they were four for a dinar...perfect !! I am definitely going to stay away from those.

Tonight we actually ate a cheeseburger and fries at a local restaurant which has outdoor seating and a great view of the Med. We saw jet skies, people swimming, and young boys doing donuts in the parking lot next door. Sounds like an evening on the lake in Austin doesn't it?

For today, I will say, more later my sweet friends and family, may God bless all of you while we are apart, we love you, lynn

4 comments:

anne booth said...

sounds like a great day! And the video was really fun, it was good to see some of the other vantage points of your place other than what I can see from the computer screen. I LOVE LOVE your HUGE balcony! I had no idea how enormous it is!! That is a great blessing! I love you both, can't wait to talk this weekend hopefully!

Judi said...

More videos..... 41 seconds is not long enough. It was so fun seeing you (and Rick's reflection). The view from your patio is so pretty. Sounds like another fun day in Tripoli Love you!!

chansenvictor said...

i loved seeing your sweet face and where you are! keep the videos coming -- longer than 41 seconds too! ;)
many hugs!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting a video!! It's great to see where you are living right now, and I'm sure you'll be a seasoned pro with the camera soon enough.

I wish I could sit on that amazing patio with you!