Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day One(Again)

Hello Everyone,

I have terrible jet lag today, but am determined to stay up until a reasonable time. If my blog doesn't make sense, you'll know why ! Well, Libya is still here, and I'm back. Rick met me at the airport, and all of my bags made it. What a nightmare loading a 52 pound suitcase, I called it "The Beast", onto a cart to put it through the "security". I've never seen anyone monitoring the screen, but OK, I'll follow the rules. One big benefit of traveling without my husband, the only one, I was waved to the front of a big line of men in passport control. The man checking my passport asked where I was from and when I answered, Texas, his face lit up, and he replied, "Texas! Beautiful!" I agree!

Two thoughts for today, comfortable and familiar. Ever thought about how wonderful it is to look around you, either at your home, or in your community, and see so many familiar places and people? And, how awesome it is to feel truly comfortable? Well, these two feelings are not to be taken for granted! Being home was wonderful, and I enjoyed the month I spent there so very much. I felt so comfortable in the familiar surroundings, and soaked in time with family and friends. Now, even though not much is comfortable or familiar, Rick and I are experiencing it together, which in itself, is what it's all about, having someone you love to share life with, no matter where God sends you. All my love, Lynn

No comments: