Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Rick in Malta, Lynn in The Woodlands

Rick is headed to Malta again tomorrow for an adventure by himself, and I am wishing I could be with him. It is so nice to be home, and I know that, of course, I really can't be two places at one time. Tomorrow, I'd sure like to be. We saw so little of the wonderful island on our first trip three weeks ago, so now it's up to Rick to discover some more of this special and beautiful island without me, then we'll be ready to return together to explore some more. 

Rick and I have been together for 35 years, including the two years that we dated, and I can happily say that I'm really used to him!! I like being with him, and sharing our lives together. This apart living is not really my cup of tea, and I'm sure I don't want to do this very often. Rick is definitely the more adventurous of the two of us, but all our shared experiences are what has made our marriage so very rich, and wonderful. Libya is just one small part of the life we share, and I'm so glad that I went with him so that, even though I am away now, I understand what he is experiencing over there. When he talks about work, and the people he is around, I can picture all of it, and I don't feel so lonely. 

So, to my adventurous husband of 33 years, have fun in Malta, and discover some great new places that we can return to together, lots of love, Lynn

3 comments:

Rick Yarbrough said...

We are so . . . going to go to Restorante Alphonso the next time that you are with me. And we better brush up on some Italian before we go! Gratzi

Love, your husband forever, Rick

Judi said...

Ahh......

Rick Yarbrough said...

I'm testing Lynn's comments