Monday, August 31, 2009

Decorated Tripoli




Hi!

Rick and I have spent an enjoyable Monday together as he received an unexpected holiday today in addition to his one tomorrow for the September 1st Celebration. The pictures show some of the decorations which make Tripoli look so festive. The mosque is lit green at night, and the other two pictures show Guesthouses 1 and 2. Ours is on the right.

We are watching fireworks tonight from the roof of Guesthouse 2. Their view of the downtown area is better than ours. Some are walking into the city tomorrow for the festivities, but Rick and I have decided not to go since the crowds will be tremendous.

So, I wanted all of you to see what we are seeing, wish I could bring you here to spend some time with us !! I miss you all, and am sending my love, Lynn

2 comments:

Judi said...

Beautiful pictures Lynn, especially the one with the moon. Enjoy your first Libyan holiday with Rick and we miss you.

anne booth said...

We miss you too! Hope you guys had fun at the fireworks! We made some more progress with the backpack research today, so i'll be excited to tell you about it tomorrow! Love you!