Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Austin

Hi to all,

Well, my husband is definitely showing me up on the blogging now that I'm back on Texas soil. He is getting to be quite an expert blogger, and I am so very proud of his upbeat attitude about everything he is experiencing while in Libya. It's been hard to be so very far apart, but I'm very thankful that God gave me this trip home, and I have loved seeing so many wonderful family members and friends.

This week, I am blessed to be in Austin, with my dear friends Ken and Judi Kimler. Judi is the "Gramma" that I hope to be. She has two adorable grandkids, Corbin and Ruby, who are almost 6 and 3. We are just enjoying life together, playing with Ruby's fairy princess dolls, and watching Corbin as he invents things, and figures out how things work and are put together. These are the sweet moments that make life worth living, and I hope that with my grandchildren I will always remember to stop and smell the roses. Slow down and enjoy the days that God gives us, and the simple things in life. Ken even put two tires on my car today, and filled in for my international husband. What a gift of love to sit at Discount Tire !! 

The hill country is just as stunning as it always is. I have loved my few days here, lots of love to all, Lynn

3 comments:

anne booth said...

Dad has been doing awesome blogging! You are both blogging superstars in my book! Love you and tell Judi that she can't keep you forever.

Judi said...

I WOULD keep you forever if I could, but I know I have to share. Had such a wonderful visit and Corbin and Ruby miss you so much. Ruby stood with her hands on her hips and said, "WHERE IS LYNN!!!" I had to buy her ANOTHER Barbie today! Can't wait for school to start.

Unknown said...

Is this the Judi who was in Spring, TX near The Woodlands, TX?