Monday, July 27, 2009

I Love Texas

Good Monday to All,

I'm thankful to be back in Texas!! My sweet, thoughtful husband gave me the very unselfish gift of a trip home. There are many reasons why it was perfect timing, but let's just say, I needed to recharge. As you all know, the last year and a half has been challenging for Rick and me to say the least, and our move to Tripoli has been quite an experience too.

It has been sheer joy to see my smart, capable husband take on this new job with so many different people, and situations, and attack it with such energy and enthusiasm. He really likes the job, and I'm so happy for me to be "back in the game", so to speak.

I have jet lag tonight, but I am so full of joy to be here at our townhouse with my son and daughter in law, and my adorable grandson, Dylan. Last night, Anne and Ryan, picked me up from the airport, dealing with all of the craziness, and treated me to my first Mexican food. What delight to see them again too. I am a blessed woman, missing Rick, but glad to be soaking in Texas again for a few weeks. Please keep up with Rick's blog, Trip 2 Tripoli for news from Libya. Love to all, Lynn

1 comment:

Rick Yarbrough said...

Mexican Food - I can only dream of Mexican Food. People griped tonight because instead of the traditional Pizza Night, they had Pizza with popcorn shrimp. I thought it was great but you can only imagine the comments from the negative neighbor.

All in all a good day. Many more reports to write and get out by the end of the day Thursday.

Love, Rick