Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday in Tripoli

Hi Everyone,

Well, I haven't blogged in a few days, sort of a weird week with the holidays, etc. I did have an interview at the American School of Tripoli on Wednesday. I enjoyed seeing the school, housed in two villas with the elementary campus in small buildings on the side. My teaching buddies from home would have loved the experience as I did. I would very much like to tutor or volunteer while I am here. Most of you know that I love spending time with children of all ages, and am so used to getting up every morning and going to school. My heart will always be with children, and teaching in some capacity. The director of the school is from California, and has helped the school grow from 30 kids to 150, from preschool to high school. It was an interesting experience, and we'll see where God takes me from here.

Also, I had a great time yesterday with 5 other ladies at a luncheon, the largest group we have had so far. It's fascinating to sit with ladies from all over the world, and have conversations about where they have lived, and of course, their families. Women seem to always gravitate to talking about their children, and grandchildren. Each is feeling much the same as I do, happy to be here with their husband, needing to share in this experience, but missing home, family, and friends so very much. We all need one another, and the sharing. I am thankful that others are here, and that God has provided them for me, during our stay in Tripoli.

Today we are off to church, to lunch, playing cards at Guesthouse 2, and a late party tonight hosted by our partner company. I'll take pictures of our church today to post. All my love, sweet family and friends, Lynn

2 comments:

Judi said...

Hope you have fun tonight! Let's talk soon...Judi

anne booth said...

miss you! Wish you were here with us in California this weekend. Love you, AB