Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Breaking Fast Celebration and American Embassy

Hello from Libya,

Tonight, I will be attending the "breaking fast" evening meal at the home of a Libyan man who works for Rick's company. I was invited by a friend who lives at the guesthouse with us. She actually works with this gentleman who has included us in his family's meal. I am excited to have this experience, and look forward to telling more about it in a future blog. Ramadan is drawing to a close, on Saturday, then three days of celebrating, feasting and gift giving will begin, called Eid. The entire country will be on holiday, and many expats will leave and take this opportunity to travel. Rick and I are going to Paris, our first trip to France. We can't wait until Friday !!

Tomorrow night we have another treat, an invitation to the residence of the American Ambassador for an "Iftar to celebrate the Holy Month of Ramadan". The Iftar will be followed by a buffet reception. A young couple who goes to our church invited us. I have no idea what to expect, so I'll let you know about this in a later blog. Of course, if I can take pictures I will, but pictures are often not allowed because of the customs with regards to women. Anyway, just wanted to share my upcoming "social" life. My love to each of you, Lynn

No comments: