Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Rain in Libya!!

Hi All,

Today it is rainy in Tripoli, first rain I've seen since I arrived. I really couldn't believe my eyes when the drops began to fall. Every day has been exactly the same here, sunny and dry. Today, the sky is grey, lots of clouds and rain. Such a nice change ...

I'm really excited to see what the palm trees look like without their usual layer of dust, it'll probably look a lot greener around here tomorrow.

A couple of oddities, the toilet tissue is awful, some would say it is similar to crepe paper. I agree. Enough about that. I have found just one thing that I can't tolerate here, the meat markets. All have heads hanging in the windows to let everyone know what is fresh that day. Yuk! OK, I've had my say about those two things, you won't hear about them again.

Hope all is well with each of you, I miss you all and send my love all the way across the ocean, Lynn

2 comments:

Judi said...

When it rains here Austinites forget how to drive ....I can't imagine what the traffic is like there today!

Yuk to the meat markets. Do we need to send you a care package of tpaper?

Judi

A. ONAL said...

hi there, I've been following your blog for a couple of weeks.
Wait until winter, it is the best time of the year in this city...
By the way I had the same situation about the toilet papers and meat.
At first I was bringing meet from my country in huge freezers but now I have found a clean butcher...
And for the toilet paper there is a couple of good and "soft" ones in the market but you can't find it everywhere I guess..