Monday, September 21, 2009





Hi from Paris,

We’ve had some internet difficulties since we arrived on Friday, so this is my first blog from Paris. Wow, is all I can say!! This beautiful city has surpassed all of my expectations. I love the pastries , musicians, flowers, and excellent small local restaurants. First we visited the incredible Sacre Coeur Cathedral, which overlooks the entire city. A band from Mexico entertained the crowds near the cathedral, playing La Bamba! Rick wanted me to climb up the stairs to the dome with him. Most of you who know me, know that I really struggle with heights. It was scary. I did get a kick out of all of the gargoyles on the outside of the churches whose faces reflect how I’m feeling when I climb way up high with my fearless husband!

On Saturday, we ventured into the city to walk down Champs d’Elysees, definitely the most gorgeous street I have ever strolled down. You could definitely shop until you dropped, even a Starbucks, the largest one I have ever seen. We enjoyed seeing the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tour too.What a day! Rick snapped pictures and more pictures. I made him delete a few of me !! I studied French in High School and it’s been such fun, and frustrating too, for me to try and put together the vocabulary that I remember from so long ago .

Yesterday we took the metro to Ile de la Cite and saw Sainte Chapelle and Notre Dame. Just when I think I have seen the most gorgeous, memorable cathedral, there are two more! There are really no words adequate to describe these two amazing structures. It’s impossible to wrap my mind around the artistic gifts that some people have, statues, paintings, tapestries, all are incredible examples of God given talents.

Today, the Louvre !! Rick and I literally walked our feet off, trying to see as many of the exhibits as we could before we got too exhausted to enjoy it. The Louvre is beyond description, Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo, were only two of so many amazing works of art. Now I understand what my daughter and my mother tried to tell me, and were unable, as I am, to find the right words. So friends, I am blessed to be in this wonderful city with my sweet husband, celebrating our 33 years of marriage! Pictures to come later, much love to all, Lynn

2 comments:

Judi said...

Beautiful...just awesome! So glad to hear from you. Enjoy your dream vacation. Miss you, Judi

anne booth said...

j'aime Paris! Have fun, love you!