Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thoughts on Paris




Hello,

Rick is really showing me up on the blog right now. I promise I will improve when I return to my slower paced life in Tripoli this week, and I can finally process this past week.

French people are wonderful, I think, very full of life, and most seem appreciative of this extraordinary city they live in. Espresso coffee to die for, pastries which can put pounds on you just by looking at them, lovely restaurants, like Le Poulbot, where Rick and I ate last night, so tiny, yet the food was absolutely delicious. There are restaurants like that everywhere you look. We have walked through the most incredible little parks, and gardens artistically planted. I love the open fruit stands on every street, and the women dressed from very casual to "tres chic",all with scarves around their necks, and interesting shoes. Everywhere are couples kissing, and romance. It has been an experience I will always remember.

So my dear family and friends, au revoir for now, love to all, Lynn

3 comments:

Judi said...

Wonderful pictures, you look rested and happy. Love you!

anne booth said...

Now you know why we want to move to France so much! Tell Dad that if AECOM wants you to stay outside the U.S., it must be France! and the booth's will be there! Love you!

anne booth said...

P.S. T-minus 8 days until ROME!