Monday, July 13, 2009

More Malta and Regatta


Well, I found a little piece of paradise right here in Tripoli today. It was really hard to come back after our awes
ome weekend away in Malta, and of course, it's so tempting to feel sorry for yourself. Today, I visited Regatta, a real Libyan planned community. There was a wonderful "club house" where we enjoyed an excellent lunch, outdoors under a big umbrella, next to a perfectly pristine beach. Wow, it was lovely. There were people enjoying the beach, the Med was sparkly and blue.
So, now we know it's possible for the Libyan people to have a clean, beautiful beach just like the ones we saw in Malta. I want to go back tomorrow !! We have heard that you are supposed to buy a membership for the club, but like so many things here, if you know someone, they just wave you through. Our drivers are very connected, so on we went. I haven't actually been in the Mediterranean yet, and now I know where my first swimming experience will be...Regatta !
Posted are more pictures of Malta, we'll include a few every night, for your viewing pleasure. And for all of you video fans, Rick made a great
Malta after Hours video which we'll attempt to post soon.

Tonight we had a cheeseburger, yes, a real one, complete with french fries !! Isn't that great? It was a little piece of heaven from Texas. You might want to go and get a hamburger, veggie or otherwise, as soon as possible. Made me miss home, and all of you as I do every day. Love to all, Lynn

2 comments:

Judi said...

The architecture is beautiful...the water so blue. No wonder you want to swim in the Mediterranean. I hope you get to visit the club many more times! A veggie burger and fries sounds pretty good to me right now. Thanks for posting, it's so interesting! love, J

fran said...

I'm booking my trip A.S.A.P.