Thursday, July 16, 2009

Regatta. Dylan, and Church on Fridays




I wanted to share a couple of pictures of Regatta, the Libyan version of a planned community !
The first shows the gorgeous, pristine beaches. This beach would rival any in the world, such clear inviting water, and the blue color, well, it speaks for itself. The second picture shows the table where I enjoyed lunch, pretty awesome setting. We have heard all sorts of stories about the memberships for the Regatta, from 150 dinar per month, to 600 dinar per month, that's per person !! However, like so many things here in Tripoli, if you are with one of our drivers who knows someone, who is connected to someone else, and your car is acceptable, you are waved in. So, I hope to go back and enjoy the beach. Sadly, Libya has a real litter problem, apparently it has been out of control for a long time, and now people are sick and tired of it and the government is beginning to work on it, and hire crews of people. Many of the workers are from Egypt, here to clean up the litter. So, many of the beaches are just a mess, it's so sad when people just don't appreciate the gifts God has given them in the natural world. I guess we all tend to take our surroundings for granted. Anyway, the Regatta is a beautiful place.

Next, of course, is my now 18 month old grandson, Dylan, who fell into his bucket on the back patio of our townhouse. Our son, Brian and his wife, Mary, who is expecting our next precious grandbaby #2(my name for now), and Dylan all moved into the townhouse a month before we left and are taking care of it while we are gone. I thought I'd share this great picture that Mary recently sent. I miss my "kids" and their spouses, my dearly loved daughters-in-love, and my favorite son-in-love so very much. They are keeping in touch with us so closely and I visit with them on Skype, and it helps so much to "see" them. I am so thankful God that someone was smart enough to invent a computer, aren't you? And I am thankful beyond words for others of you who are so faithful to contact us by email, and Skype. You have given us the most precious gift, the gift of your time, and you'll never know how much it means to us. Thank you !

Today, we visit the Anglican church for the second time. Church is on Friday here. It's tough to get used to, but that's the way it is. Everyone finishes their work week on Thursday, the day of rest is on Friday, then Saturday is like ours, for shopping and running errands, then back to work on Sunday. I am hoping that the choir sings again today. One of the men just sang and sang at the top of his lungs with a huge smile on his face, definitely making a "joyful noise!" The building we meet in is a very old Spanish church which was originally Catholic, but was taken from the Catholic church at one time, returned to the Catholics who gave it to the Anglicans. There is no air conditioning, but a lot of fans. Fascinating group of people, all worshiping together, united in our love for God. Can't wait to go back.

I pray you are well dear family and friends, we think of you every day, and you are all in our hearts, lots of love, Lynn

No comments: