Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thoughts From My Balcony

I'm feeling a little reflective today so I thought I would take advantage and share something I do every day here in Tripoli...

My balcony gives me a view of the blue Mediterranean Sea, occasionally I see white caps and waves rolling in when the wind is high, a small fishing boat goes by, and I hear children playing and laughing in the water.

From my balcony, numerous flags wave in the wind, one is the flag of Jordan, another is from a Scandinavian country someone told me. It's red, white and blue, and for a moment, I thought it was the US flag, and it made me miss home so very much. I guess that many others here in Tripoli must feel the same way I do.

A bird is chirping from a neighbor's balcony below, an rooster crows in the mornings,but also at weird times of the day. I can see a whole family of cats crossing the street, even kittens. Children are playing at their house down the street, and crying. Laundry blows in the wind, on almost every balcony, even on mine.

People come and go, men are talking and laughing loudly, horns are honking, and on and on it goes. This is my life right now in Libya. So much is strange, and yet so much is familiar. How I wish I could share my adventure with all of you, my much loved family and friends, for then, it would be just perfect. With love, Lynn

2 comments:

Melissa Rae said...

What an incredible adventure God has you both taking with Him! I've loved the posts, the photos, and just getting a feel for what life looks like for you all in Tripoli. Loved the photos and videos from Malta!

Keeping you both close in my thoughts and prayers, Lynn!

love to you,
Melissa

fran said...

That is one precious grandbaby.
He is getting so big. I hope Mary is feeling better these days. It's hard to be preggers in this heat. The beach looks so inviting,wish I was there. Love the blogs, it's like a little adventure for me thru your eyes.
God bless. Love, F