Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Our New Apartment



Here is a short video of our new apt. at Al Zain, I will never be a star on the big screen, way too much pressure to be filmed !! Anyway, today was a busy day, luncheon with other ladies whose husbands work for AECOM, lots of fun, then a visit with a young mom who is from Australia, and her three year old son, Nate.

Learned something new today, camels have real feelings. It's true !! Heard of a camel who cried real tears when his "wife" died, and another camel who was being mistreated by his owner, so he sat on the man. They hold grudges too, apparently. Anyway, I am so very happy that I didn't order Baby Camel cooked in an earthenware pot at the restaurant last week. No telling what would happen to me!!

It's very hot here right now, but very dry too. One Libyan gentleman told me that we should only shop at night, about 7:30 he said. No shopping during the day, "too hot". However, the nights are still cool, and the sunsets are still beautiful. From the couch in our new living room, I could see the full moon last night.

So thankful that we all sleep under the same sky and look at the same moon, and are cared for by the same caring, loving God. Love to each of you dear friends and family. We miss you every day, in so many, many ways, take care, Lynn

3 comments:

Judi said...

Are those REAL birds chirping? Love your new diggs!

Elizabeth said...

What a sweet sound, all the chirping birds!! I love your new place! I imagine all of your new friends feel blessed to have you as their new friend. Craig asked me to show him where Lybia is on a map - how sweet is that!! We love you and miss you!!

Sandra said...

LOVE the new place - I know you are relieved to be unpacked and settled in! The camel stories are great - I think you should write a children's book with a camel as the main character - you could SO do that!! Love and miss you both!