Sunday, July 19, 2009

Pictures, Thoughts,and Prayers





Hello to all,

I have to confess to a "down" day yesterday.We heard some sad news from home about our beloved cousin, Kay, and her struggle with cancer. It is so very hard to be this far away when that type of news comes. I'd like to ask for the prayers of each one of you, my very faithful blog followers, for Kay, first that God will heal her, and then, of course, that He will give her his peace and comfort each and every day, and that she would feel His great love for her. We love her so very much, and believe with all of our hearts in the power of prayer. Thank you so much!!

All of the pictures are from Malta, an upside down statue(don't know why it was like that) of the word LOVE, for Kay. The small saints are all over the sides of buildings in Malta. These lovely works of art are reminders of the Maltese people's strong faith. The last is one of three parts of a word wall, covered with poems and quotes in all different languages. Very interesting. Hopefully, you can enlarge it and read some of the things people wrote. It inspired me to have a permanent wall like this in my classroom, full of quotes that have inspired me, and hopefully will inspire my students in future years.

So for today, thank you for reading my blog, and encouraging me to continue to share my thoughts and experiences with you. Not every day here is wonderful, and most are not at all easy, but then I think of the verse that tells us "I have learned to be content in every circumstance", and I know God is here by my side. Much love to each of you , Lynn


No comments: